HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Va Rut
Thread: Va Rut
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 11:17 AM
VA5326
Typical Buck

Default RE: Va Rut

I've been seeing bucks moving behind does but not full out chasing them yet. I've also seen does still with their fawns so I really don't know. I've seen an increase in scrapes and rubs but no full on rutting activity. I hunted everyday all dayfromWednesday of last week to yesterday afternoon with the exception of, as you know, Sunday. I would expect the end ofthis week and next week to more than likely be the full on rut.......hopefully.

Well we did have a goodhunt Wednesday through Yesterday in Fluvanna. I took a 125 pound9 pt with the bowThurday evening. Friday one of my buddies missed a Monster. Saturday wetook 3 mature does and my best friendtook a nice 115 pound8 pt.... all were taken with black powder rifles.Yesterday morningI took a 3-4 year old 110 pound doe withthe black powder rifle.Shesnorted about ten timesandmade the nicebuck (paralelling her)I was interested in do a 180 before he was inrange while she just stood there.She did not want to give upin the creek I found her in about 40 yds from my tree stand but she went peacefully. When I skinned her yesterdayshe still had plenty of milk in her. I don't know if that's any indicator, but, I just don't think the rut is exactly in full swing as of yet. Pictures will be posted later today.

VA