HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Magnus Stinger destroyed by a rib
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:47 PM
atlasman

Default RE: Magnus Stinger destroyed by a rib

ORIGINAL: Bradkoz

maybe it happend while it was inside him. pinned into the rib and then the arrow was getting knocked around and bent the head. ive never had a head not go right through a rib bone of a deer except when i was younger and had low poundage like 40-45lbs even then i got a few pass through on ribs.
I thought of that............anyone who has shot a deer knows that they don't hop off in a gentle manner. He left the scene in a violent, crashing fit.........bouncing off trees and breaking the arrow in half. If the arrow was imbedded in the opposite rib when he rammed a tree to break it off I could kinda understand it................kinda. What bothers me is why the opposite rib stopped the head in the first place and my fears are now on what happens if I hit a rib squarely on the way in??

This was my first non pass through with the heads.........everything I have ever shot them at they have killed quickly and flawlessly.

This REALLY caught me by surprise.........when I saw the arrow sticking out of him I was surprised.......when I found the arrow I was shocked.