HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bear Grizzly vs. Martin Hunter
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2002, 09:00 AM
Wahya
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bear Grizzly vs. Martin Hunter

Welcome, it's good to see you here.

The only Griz I've had any experience with was one made in the 70s and there was lots of stack, even at my relatively short draw of just under 28". Finger pinch would be uncomfortable for people with longer draws.

We still own a relatively new (3 years old) Martin Hunter and like was stated, on draws past 29", it stacks. For me, the bow is fast and accurate, but does have some handshock as compared to other recurve bows in the same weight range that I've shot.

If they were the only two bows that I could choose between, I'd take the Martin. But I gotta say, there are much better bows on the market than either of them and for less money.

If this is your first stick, my suggestion would be to go 40-45# at your draw with the bow, which is why I recommend to anyone starting out to get a good used bow in that weight range so they can work on form without having to worry about being overbowed and spending a ton of money.

You may also want to consider buying the bow according to your eye dominance, instead of strong side of body.

Make em sharp and shoot em straight, or leave em home.