HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - too much???????
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 08:22 AM
nctaxi
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: too much???????

deer beer11 - I have a question for you. Are you looking for a cheap price or do you want it right? Being a taxidermist, I see guys pull up in $30,000 trucks with $8,000 4 wheelers, getting out in their Scent lock suites and full camo, with their $200 boots on, shooting $2000 guns, getting back from their $2500 trips and they want a deal??? Huh? I understand you might not be one of those guys but this is something that you are going to look at for the rest of your life, a once in a lifetime deer, do you really want to go with someone less expensive who may not give the quality that this guy does? Check around and find out what you like. I don't take in a lot of work, I am part time but I charge more than most full time taxidermists in my area. You get what you pay for. BTW if you are paying $275 for a deer, that was the going rate in 1983, I would think that you might want someone who is up to todays standards. There are many variables, including region, that effects price, but if this is the guys rate and you want him to do it, then it sounds like a deal.