HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Daughter & Dad double PIC
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 07:49 AM
flyinfeathers
Fork Horn

Default Daughter & Dad double PIC

What a great weekend. I bagged a doe on Friday evening. Check the post on "got lucky". Took my daughter out for the youth hunt along with a friend of mine and his grandson. Both kids are 14 and they got got their first deer within 15 minutes of each other.

We got to the stands a little late. Sun already waking things up. My daughter and I reach the first stand and get settled. Buddy and his grandson walk to theirs. After about 15 minutes we hear BOOOM. They get one. We wait about 10 and head over to them to see if we need to help track. We get there and my buddy whispers another deer is out there. My daughter puts a bead on it and BOOOM. We never laughed so hard in our life. Both deer dropped in their tracks not 3 feet away from each other.

The buddy's grandson got a doe and my daughter got a little button buck that had about 1 inch of antlers poking through the skin. These kids were so excited but I think me and my buddy were the most happiest.

What a great day.The pic isof both deer and a proud dad with his daughterjust before heading to the processor.