HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Goose 11
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

SCORE!

I got a nice Bama buck! It was an evening hunt, I decided to hunt a foodplot that we have some pictures of a couple of nice bucks from. I tried to climb up at a spot that overlooksthe greenfield, but when I got as high as I could go, I still couldn't see the field very good. So I came down and sat in the edge of the field under the small pines. I was sure all that moving around had ruined the hunt, (the first one of my weekend) but I sat down on the ground at about 3:30, and a doe came in at 4:55, then my buck came in at about 5:00, and another good buck with him. They milled around and finally got at 40 yards, I couldn't wait any longer and shot. I didn't think my shotplacement was the best, so I slipped out andwe found him only a few yards away, 2 hours later. I've never taken a buck from the ground with my bow before, so it was a serious rush. This guy is on my trail cameras from the summer eating corn in the same field I shot him on. I'll post them tooif I can.
Trae

EDIT: I already posted them ealier in the thread, I'll post another though.