HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 5 month old brittney
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 05:45 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 5 month old brittney

ORIGINAL: BlueRidgeRetrievers

Try shoving your hand on down into his mouth... Really. It's not what he's expecting to happen and will be very uncomfortable!

some breeds of dogs REMEMBER things more than others..i saw labs that bit a certain person because they remembered that a kid hit him with stick..young dogs like to chew on your hands and most stop after awhile..

vet told me that he is seeing more labs lately that are biting people..he said its backyard breeding thing..

i have dog biting trainer that summed it up this way..if you have a biting dog,he said put it to sleep or kennel it etc..i had one that bit 2 people,i fought my friend on putting him to sleep..

after 3 years old, he got a lot better BUT you cant ever trust him around people that he does not know..he licks face of people he knows..

that dog was born that way and it kicked in around 1 year old..up until that time, he was great, would run and play etc..then BANG, he bit someone..

i saw hunting dogs at sgl252 that showed their teeth to other hunters when they got close to the owners truck..vet told me its called TERRITORIAL AGGRESSION..i call it domaniant dog..