HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Putnam County Outfitter Clowns
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 11:57 AM
californiabill

Default Putnam County Outfitter Clowns

This was posted by a guy I know back in RI. (Thats where I'm originally from)

Well I went on my first trip to Missouri for 10 days. One thing I can say is never hunt with Putnam County Outfitters. This was the worst trip I ever took. On the first day the plane was low on oil and the generater had problems. We were stuck at the terminal for an hour. I missed my connecting flight and had to wait 5 hours for the next flight. I should have known it was going to be nothing but problems after that. The hunt I paid for included everything. Guide, food, etc.. Not once was I offered lunch. I was so hungry I walked a half hour to a pizza place for lunch. Did I mention it was 28 degrees and snowing. I lived in candy bars and mountain dew. I was staying upstairs in the lodge. It was cold so I asked them to turn up the heat. The guide said the funace didn't work so they had space heaters in every room. When I turned my heater on the breaker blew. I had no heat for 10 days. I was sleeping with thermals, jogging pants, wool socks and a sweatshirt and I was still cold. One morning I had a heat pack going in my bed. The ceiling lights were pull chain light with no fixtures. They were hanging by the 2 wires. There was a flourecent gas station light in my window. The entire room was green all night. I swear it looked like the movies. One night the guide picked us up from stand drunk. The next morning he was hung over driving 100 mph in his ford explorer. This is no joke he was doing 100. I could deal with the speed but the truck had something wrong with the front end. I honestly thought the tire might fall off. Another guy from camp told him to slow down he didn't want to die. The alarm was set for 4am every morning. One morning he woke up, shut the alarm off and went back to bed without waking anyone up. I woke up at 8 and got him up. He said we should go back to bed. I said bullsh*t we're going out to push your land. We did a push and I had a 160-170 class deer come by at 25 yards. I grunted at him and he stopped behind a blowndown tree. I shot, hit a branch and missed him. The best part about the trip is the guide was hunting every morning and afternoon on the same stands we were. I have never been on a trip where the guides hunt while five guys in camp haven't killed anything. He laughed when I questioned him about it. I told him to go watch some fields instead of hunting. There is more to this hunt but I don't have time to write it now. If you want to save yourself some time and money don't go to this place. I will post some pics of the place when I have time. You will laugh.