HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spotting scope?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 11:08 AM
ShatoDavis

Default RE: Spotting scope?

BBJ,

I haven't even heard of schellee's. I live about an hour from Bass Pro's Headquarters in Springfield Mo. You would be surprised at how small a selection of spotting scopes they have. I've been there several times and they have never had more than one or two high end scopes and only a few more of the cheaper models. They will under no circumstance let you take them outside to test them either. They look at you like you're a raving lunatic for even mentioning it. What testing I have been able to do was at Cabelas in Sidney Neb. They had the Leupold, & Nikon. I was able to test them outdoors as well. A nice sales Lady walked outside with me and even gave me pointers as to good landmarks to scope and test. Unfortunately, at the time they were out of stock of Leica's, Swarovski's, and Zeiss'.

I don't know maybe i'm making too big a deal out of this. Maybe I should just buy one of them and be done with it. I'm just afraid of buying one and finding out a day later that I picked the wrong one.[:'(]