HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cant stand the wait
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 06:18 PM
Slackdaddy
Fork Horn

Default cant stand the wait

Well,
slipped into the swamp stand behind the house, about 45min before dark Mr. Big boy comes through (8-10) at what I thought was 30 yards (ended up being 35yds, a 6 inch drop on My bow), held him up with a grunt and let it fly. Saw the arrow going low, He snorts, and takes off up the oppposite hill and stops looking around for 15 seconds, then slipps off.
I lost sight of the arrow and did not hear a hit, "looked" like it may have been low. Climbed down after 1/2 hour and went to where he stood for 15 seconds, large blood area, I followed the trail back to the hit, and found 1/2 of the shaft (blade end) stuck in the ground at the angle of flight from My stand. Blood splattered there, so the blood started right away.

I walked back up to the house, that was 3 hours ago. Unsure of the hit, and do not want to push it, but it will only go down to 58 tonight.

Odd how the arrow broke clean and continued on its flight and stuck in the ground, bright red blood, but not gushing like a slug gun (2nd year bow)