HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indiana Hunters
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Monie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Ahhh...the goos ol' days of harvesting trees....

A couple of years ago, I had a monster come waltzing in, just taking his time, not a care in the world. I'm all shakey and on the verge of hyperventiliating. The guy gets 25 yards out. I grunt to stop him and let the arrow fly. *smack* "Damn!" his vitals were a couple of inches out from this tree. I thoughtI could make the shot. Nope. Off he went. *boo hoo hoo* The broadhead is still in the tree. The rest of the year was pretty bad. If there was such a thing as sapling sauce, I probably would have owned stock, because I harvested quite a few.

On another note, I AM shooting the next deer that comes in! Buddy Bill lost another one sunday night! That make 2 he's lost and he also missed 2 deer! My turn! I do feel sorry for the guy. Both arrows had good blood. I think he lost this one because he took his son to help him...and his son was irritating the crap out of him the whole time, so I don't think he really focused on finding it and just decided to leave after a few hours. I told him he should have gotten me. Oh well.

My bowtech said he saw a couple of young bucks pushing around some does, but he hasn't seen any big boys doing it, although he has seen some BIG bucks. I know this is why he's not so gung ho abouttaking me with him anymore. He's afraid I'll shoot one. Geez. I told him I wouldn't. I'm out there for meat not antlers. You can't eat antlers. I've got a bonus tag I need to fill.