HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How not to hunt deer and other lessons.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:27 PM
dino195

Default RE: How not to hunt deer and other lessons.

That's why they call it hunting and not killing buddy . I remember I was hunting with my dad back in the 80's and had just read an article on the nead to blow a cap through your gun before you charge it to be sure there is no obstructions built up in the nipple. I had blown a cap or two through my rifle and my dad asked what the heck I was doing, I told him about the article I had read and he said something to the effect of hogwash. Well, we where hunting in the appalachians and had a steep ridge between us. I was hunting one draw, he the other. That evening we had a nice buck come running down the ridge and it was a toss up as to which draw he would come down. He decided to take the draw my dad had his tree stand hung in and I heard the snap of his cap...no boom, hehehe. I snickered to myself. But my amusement was short lived when I missed a doe of my own at 50 yards. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose, sometimes it rains.