HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 9/32 inch peep?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 01:50 PM
dohcrxl

Default RE: 9/32 inch peep?

it dont have nothing to do with your draw length
a half of twist out or in should do the trick
My peep is perfectly square at full draw sothe half twist is not the issue.I tweaked it perfectly to line up at full draw with my home made bow press.

why do you want such a gaping hole to peep thru?
Well the situation is that with anything smaller than 9/32, it is hard to center the front sight inside the peep sight. In other words, I do not see the entire outline of the front sight and have to move my head forward to make the two circles overlap.When I do this, I'm almost pushing my face into the string or at least the corner of my lipsis literally touching the string. This takes me out of my anchor point and becomes uncomfortable.

I do not want to utilize the tubeless peeps because they form an egg at full draw. I even have one as Arthur P described with the curved inner surface and I still notice that egg shaped effect. All I need really is a tubed peep that is at least 9/32 which doesn'tform an egg plus doesn't allow me to see the tubebut none, I repeatNONE of the local shops around here seem to be able to understand what I'm trying to tell them. Maybe I'll go to the Cabela's that just opened up here. They have a good reputation for knowing their stuff right?

btw- I found a Blue Polycarbonate Venom Peep Sighton ebay that I'm thinking about trying. Does anyone know if this peep might remedy my problem?