HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sauer 200, 202 and 80?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 05:19 PM
BrutalAttack
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sauer 200, 202 and 80?

ORIGINAL: clattin

What's the difference between the Sauer model 200, 202 and 80? I can't seem to find anywhere that the difference between these models is described. If you know of a thread where this has been previously discussed, please point me to it!

Given the option between a 200 and 202...which would you buy and why?

Thanks a ton!
Chris
I think you mean the model 90? I don't have a model 80 in my book but I'll tell you about the perinent differences of the others.

90: 24" barrel,monte carlo stock (satin finish), 2 stage set trigger, free floating barrel. Imported. Discontinued.

200: short and medium actions only, unique interchangable barrels, 6 lug bolt, easily detatchable stock and forearm, optional set trigger, detatchable mag with hidden release button. Disc 1993.

202: modual design again (interchangable), dual safety, 2 piece figured walnut stock, cocking indicator, takedown with interchangable barrels. Disc. 2004

Note: different versions of this model have different recievers (ie steel, aluminum) and integral Weaver rails, Teflon coatings and other extras.

I would go with a 202 model. It's the higher priced model, it has interchangable barrels also and a few other features the 200 doesn't have.