HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indiana Hunters
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Buck Huntin Girl

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Good day? UNBELIEVABLE day!!

I posted a LOOOONG post on it in the bowhunting forum, but I saw more big bucks today than I have seen in an entire season... All but the first one were wallhangers, although I'm not out there for that reason. I was planning on taking the small 8pt that came right to me this morning, but for some reason couldn't draw my bow back... I figured it out after the fact, I had too many clothes on. I don't know why that affects it, but it did for me anyway.(it was actually quite humorous,my buddy and I had tears rolling down our faces)So, I didn't get a shot at him, but then I had a monster come in, just unbelievably huge, NEVER seen one in the wild that big. My buddy rattled him to 20 yds, but he was behind a tree for me. I waited, and waited, and waited, finally started walking away and got to 30 yards (or so I thought). I took the shot, shot right under him. GRRRR!

I actually wasn't even upset. It was awesome having one that big *that* close.

Ended up having two more come in, large 8 and wide and tall racked 10 at about 80 yards.

Next, large 8-10 comes in at 50 yards, but wouldn't come to the rattle bag or grunt, couldn't have cared less, just kept on his path.

Next, I look over my shoulder and see a deer butt going away from me only about 5 yards... don't know how we missed that one!! We didn't even hear him come in, it was crazy out there!

Best hunt of my life though, eventhough I came home empty handed, what a blast!

I have a more detailed story up in bowhunting, but my fingers are tired... lol