HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what's up with my Wisker Biscuit??
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 08:04 AM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what's up with my Wisker Biscuit??

Is it shooting fine with broadheads AND field points, or just with field points? It can be a fine line between what you are seeing being an action, or a reaction. I would also say that it looks like the rest is set too high. I have gotten better results by setting the WB so the arrow is actually running through the middle of the hole, rather than having the arrow at 90 degrees when it is sitting on the bottom of the hole. I had a McPherson Edge this summer, and it was smacking field points into the "X" of the club's target as well as either of my Champion bows. It kept putting broadheads low though. First it was because the nock point was set too high, so the low broadheads were an action-too high of a nock. After resetting the rest, the broadheads still shot low, but when I tried using some old skinny AFC arrows, it shot perfectly with broadheads. At that point, the rest was too high (nock point too low) for the ACC arrows I wanted to use, and broadheads were hitting low because they were reacting to the fletching passing through the biscuit. I set the rest just a bit lower, and all was well, but the adjustment between the action and reaction tuning errors was very small.