HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I just don't get some hunters!
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 11:31 PM
BuckAlley
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I just don't get some hunters!

Some of you guys really crack me up on how you turn things around, and twist topics. First I never said I was laying claim to this spot on state land. Next I never said nobody else could hunt this spot its mine ALL MINE, only mine!!!!!I only pointed out I've hunted this spot for the last 9yrs, and never seen another bowhunter in there.
My whole point is "I don't get some hunters." I don't get why a guy would want to paint tree's down through the woods marking a trail in & out of this area. Why would this person decide to mark a trail right under someone else's stand. Then why would this person want to setup his own personal stand in close proximity to anothers stand with a game camera right in front of their stand. Regardless of opinions here on whether stands should be left up in NY state woods or not. ( I still have yet to read anything on personal property on state lands with the exception of pertaining to camping. I've looked at looked on the DEC websight. If someone has it, please forward.). There's obvious reasons why most wouldn't want to put up a stand, and leave it near anothers. This guy is doing the same exact thing I am, only doing it near somebody else. Him nor I would have any clue when the other is in their stand. Plus I already spoke of leaving stands fresh, so all the shenanigans going on don't spook the deer away. I'm still trying to figure out what those are!
Heck, I believe Iwrote how I'm pulling this stand soon as I get back down, so the other guy can have the spot. I have no desire to hunt it anymore. Thats not my style. I have more respect forothers than that.I don't use other hunters stands, and I don't setup near others stands, no matter what property they inhabit. If I come across someone elses stand I simply move on to another spot. Way I see it that person did hishomework too, and put his stand in place before I could. Its first come first serve, and I have nodesire to hunt near someone elses setup. I think its wrong to disturb it, they have just as much right to it as I do. But why be so greedy, and disrepsectful to think screw them its public land I have a right to hunt here too, and throw astand up, and hunt there. I don't get that logic at all. Thats the same logic this guy was apparently using! There's plenty of public land to use. I also acknowledged I'd much rather see a stand up, and know someone else is hunting that spot. Than to throw mine up, be hunting, and someone walks in to hunt the same spot.I'drather know where others are hunting, so I don'tdisturb them or they disturb me. I enjoy seeing deer, and critters while bowhunting. Not other hunters!