HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow Covered with Fat!
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 10:32 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrow Covered with Fat!

i agree with huntingson as a possibility. i hit a buck there a little over a week ago. i knew i hit high but didnt think it was THAT high...really i didnt know a deers spine is that LOW above the vitals. he ducked..thats where i hit. i thought for sure i got lungs till i got online later. i thought for SURE he was dead. not a GREAT trail at first but a little. then jumped a couple logs and was bleeding decint. 400yd trail that dried up. next day 6 of us walked 5yds apart through every piece of woods there is for a good half mile around...no deer. red muscle blood..no lung bubbles..no guts. hes alive. im almost sure i seen him a couple nights ago. but i didnt get a pass through...and heard generally you wont get one through that area..GENERALLY. my arrow was busted about 3 inches and a muzzy in him. arrow had blood and fat for 3-4 more inches. im shooting about 60lbs of KE..another thing is he NEVER bedded over the 400yds and wasnt pushed at all. good luck finding it....dont give up till all options are exauhsted..

coule it also be a brisket hit?? thats muscle and fat...thats another option..