HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best names for bucks and why
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 12:00 PM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best names for bucks and why

I've been tagging bucks with names for a long time..

here's a few...

Ole Yeller- distinct yellowish cape..on vid...hunting his area now...

Stretch- long main beamed 5x5buck I have a shed from..on vid hunting his area now..

Ole Grey- Grey muzzle..mature buck..on vid...hunting him now...

High Rack- have a set of his sheds, and on vid he's a tall tined 5x5 with distinct crab claws, my boys call him the "crab clawed' buck... possibly killed last year..not sure..video of a very similiar buck this summer..word of a big crab clawed 5x5 shot near his area last year...

Lucky 6, a buck I killed last season 6x6 my brother had missed the year before..hence the name lucky. He's on the wall

Big Moe, first buck I ever named..hvy 5x5 150 class dead now..

Little Moe...same ridge..huge 4x4 his shed I found scores 72 inches..for a 4x side, 27 inch mains...12 inch g-2s and 3's havent seen since 99 dead most likely

CokeCan,the largest Nontypical I have ever found scouting..I blew it on him..videoing one day too close..learned a hard lesson..never saw him again...most likely died of old age

Boss Hawg-big mature 150 class 5x5 most likely dead now...

Zilla-big buck I hunted for three years before a rifle hunter shot him 75 yards from my tree stand just after I had had him pass by me...out of range...I about cried..He was a 150 inch grossing 4x5

RD (real deal) My largest grossing buck I have killed to date with my bow at 184.
The first time I laid eyes on him while videoing one summer..I immediatly muttered to myself..."Thats the real deal there" hence RD...then realized the largest shed antler I hadat home (83 inches)belonged to him.. he's on the wall

Stickers..buck my brother is after this season...big 5x5 with some stickers at his bases..probably a 150 class buck. vid of him this summer

Picklefork..probably the largest buck my brother and I have seen on the hoof..close to a 190 grossing split g-2 buck..24 inside ... probably still alive..wont hunt his area till I get some snow...