HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Tribute to Tucker- PLEASE READ
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2002, 01:45 PM
CharlieNY
Fork Horn

Default A Tribute to Tucker- PLEASE READ

Jan. 1, 2002 is a day I shall never forget. On that day I lost my best friend and hunting partner, my beagle Tucker. I will never forget that day 12 years ago that we rescued Tucker from that "puppy farm". Tucker was weak and malnourished and was being fed that generic dog food in the black & white bags. The owner thought that only females made good rabbit dogs, and neglected Tucker. We put Tucker in the car, and gave him warmth, love, and affection on the way home that day, and he gave us the same in return for the rest of his life. We gave him premium dog food and he grew strong and beautiful. I took Tucker rabbit hunting and he was the best. I swear there was a smile on his face everytime he chased a bunny to me and I bagged it. He even retrieved some of those bunnies for me. I remember that Jan. day in 1992 that we went hunting and bagged 2 bunnies. We got home and the kids wanted their picture taken with him. He made 2 little kids very happy for many years, and they loved him so. Tucker never once even growled at anyone, and anyone who came in contact with him adored him.

On Jan. 1, 2002 Tucker passed away. Tucker, you never showed any signs of sickness and we had just gone hunting a few days before. I remember you going into that big brush pile and working so hard to chase that bunny out for me. I had looked so forward to many more days with you. Today, I buried you.

Tucker, I miss you so much! I want you to come back to me, but I know you cannot. Even in death, your coat was soft and warm, and I will miss holding you again. I will visit your grave and will keep it clean and beautiful. I believe in God and know that you are up in heaven waiting for me to join you some day.

Tucker, this is my final tribute to you. I want others to know about you and what a wonderful and loving dog you were. You gave our family 12 wonderful years. Please rest in peace and may God bless you.

I want to thank each and everyone of you who reads this post. Your replies are greatly appreciated and will let me know that I gave Tucker the honor and respect he so deserves. Tucker, here is that photo of us back in Jan. 1992 for everyone to see: