HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sharing private land with gun hunters?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 06:45 PM
txjourneyman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sharing private land with gun hunters?

I just moved the stand I killed a doe and a spike out of. My brother in law likes to gun hunt that spot. He knows I've been in there and the deal is that I get out 2 weeks before gun season. Most years he bowhunts but lets me have that spot during the 1st 2 weeks of archery season. This year he hasn't pulled his bow back in months. We are the only 2 on the property although after moving my stand to a promising looking funnel this AM, I walked back to my truck along a fence line and noticed that some one on the next property has put up a tripod 20yds from the fence. This may not work too well. His stand is facing the fence and that fenceline is my travel route to my stand. I don't like to screw up someone elses hunt but I'm not going to change my path to my stand. The only other way to get there is up wind of a bedding area. I guess he shouldn't set up that close to the fence. Am I wrong because he had his stand up 1st? Sorry I got long winded. EDIT: I won't be moving this stand for the guy over the fence. His stand location is poorly thought out with it overlooking the fence. I don't mind a bit moving for my B-I-L. Well, maybe a little! That spot is GOOD!