HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Homemade Lighted Nock review (w/ pictures)
Old 10-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Bols

Default RE: Homemade Lighted Nock review (w/ pictures)

r33h, I don't know how much they weigh since I am still in the process of getting some more tools for my archery shop downstairs. One of those tools is a digital scale. I know the Lumenoks weigh over 20 grains. I am assuming it is safe to say, depending on the nock you use to build your lighted nock you are looking in the same range, 20-25 grain.

I also went downstairs and shot them again today just to make sure the arrow flight wasn't affected too much. At 15 yards I don't see much change. Does this mean down range I might see some problems? Who knows? I am going to shoot them before I use them on live deer. If they aren't going to work with the current setup without changing stuff, ohh well, I will get them ready for next year.

Mike from Texas, I like the idea of the dowel rods but I just use old nocks I have either chipped or broken. The internals are usually still good on these nocks unless you Robinhood them. Then they become an obliterated mess. Otherwise, you can finally put them too good use. I don'ttrust even a nick in my nocks (future Bowhunting Dr. Seuss poem), call me paranoid, but a$.30nock is a minimal price topay to remain safe. So I am glad I have another use for busted ones.

Lunker hunter, thanks for the clarification. And thanks for posting the link anyways!!

Greg, just trying to keep pace with your expert reviews. All kidding aside, hopefully it will save some guys from buying Lumenoks. Lumenoks and store bought lighted nocksare nice, but the price is just a little extreme for something you can make at a fraction of the cost.