HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Am I being unfair??? (long story)
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 04:48 AM
chestnuts

Default RE: Am I being unfair??? (long story)

No, I left something out. I have the only archery either sex tag. He has only a doe tag since his buck tag is for area 1 in western KS.

I think you all are missing the point here. I do not just want the meat. If I did,I would just let him do the shooting, put my tags on themand I would keep my a$$ in the truck. Hell, if I just wanted the meat, my stepbrother is a sheriff deputy of that county and he offered to call me whenever he takes a deer/car accident call.

Yes,it does seem to be plenty of deer around this place he took his doe. But,he will have the opportunity to take a deer or twosince he has 2firearm tags. He has gotten greedy thinking he will be able to buy every legal tag and fill each one of them.

Let me tell you something, it is no fun sitting 20ft in the air with your a$$ trying to sit on a board that measures less then 6" X 9" with no paddingwhen you weigh 300lbs. This isthe only field on this property. I have read many posts about how important cover scent is when ground hunting. I am not sure if I have that covered yet.

What I have not told you is that he is the type of person that complains about people not giving him the opportunity to hunt deer on their land. Yet, he has sole permission to hunt land about 2 1/2hrs east of here, but complains of the distance he has to drive to get there. Which is a much shorter drive then out to western KS. He did take a doe from that property last year during firearm season.

And what makes thewhole situation worse is the I am his supervisor. So, Icannot not show any grudgeagainst him at work. Plus he is about15 yrs older then I am.