HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indiana Hunters
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Monie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

I hunt Mississinewa. There are a few hunters out there, but not as many as firearms. When opening day of firearms hits, STAY HOME! Those guys are friggin nuts! A friend and I were out last year on the firearms opener. Some guy shot a buck and came tromping along like he saw exactly where the deer went. My friend and I tracked it for a ways, before the guy got there, then told him which way it went. He didn't say thanks or kiss my butt. He got on his cell and called his buddy...tromping through the thicket, not even looking for blood. He was just looking like he was looking for the deer. What a BOOB!

Anyway, as far as places to hunt, I hear S1N is good. I usually hunt 1, at least I think it's 1. It's over by Red Bridge. Lots of deer, if you can slip in at the right time. There's an old man that lives down 1050 S, just off of Old Slocum Trail, who wants the deer gone, They tear up his garden. It's a big deal because he doesn't eat meat anymore. Anyway, there's a parking area. Take the trail to the right of the parking area, there will be a sstand of trees and a ridge that runs along side. Deer run that ridge to get from the fields to their bedding area. I haven't hunted there this year. I've been going with friends.

Hope this helped.