HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - coyotes chasing deer
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 07:26 PM
V8Ranger
Nontypical Buck

Default coyotes chasing deer

Well I was out hunting this morning and at about 10:30 and small deer comes running by, then a minute later I see a coyote coming up the same trail. Well that pissed me off that it was chasing the deer. So I drilled him as soon as he got close. The coyotes have been getting bad around here and I thought enough is enough. At first I thought I nailed him to the ground as he was flopping around before he took off. Then after waiting about a half hour or more I figured I would head in for the morning. Much to my amazement he chewed the arrow in half. So my broad head is still in him. I tracked him for a little ways but he went into some thickets and I didn't think it would have been a real good idea at that point to be looking for him if he was injured and pissed off. He will die theres no doubt in my mind. I just didn't want to risk getting to close and not being able to shoot him with my bow in the thickets and it was very thick. I figure I will look for him tomorrow or look for where the crows are gathering. So do you all think I did the right thing????????? there just has been so many coyotes around hear anymore and they are getting brave by coming in close to the house at nights.

P.S. I did see a nice 6 to 8 point in the evening but nothing I could get a shot at. Trying my luck tomorrow.