HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trail Cams
Thread: Trail Cams
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 09:08 AM
04sierra04

Default RE: Trail Cams

I have a Moultrie Gamespy 100 (last years revision 1.3 Megapix) and have just ordered (2) more of the 100 ver2 camera's which are 2 Megapix. The ver2 cams have better resolution and redesigned circutry which is suppopsed to improve battery life.

I generally use the camera to monitor feeding areas where we put down corn, rolled oats, apples etc. The flash range is 30' so we try and get the camera within that range of the feeders.

At that range the pictures are usually perfect and the camera rarely misses a shot even at night. It's given me no problems but lately I find the battery life isn't great so with the new cameras I ordered a few rechargable batts and chargers... Maybe the batch of batteries I have have exceeded their shelf life?

I do wish that moultrie would improve their mounting system.

Overall, I rate this/these camera's a 9.5/10. It meets my needs perfectly. I do not need high res shots as I'm really only interested to see whats coming and the pics it does produce even at 1.3mp are GREAT. The price is UNBEATABLE. It only looses .5 points due to it's mounting system.