HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - For your viewing pleasure '07 Hoyts
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Bols

Default RE: For your viewing pleasure '07 Hoyts

ORIGINAL: bowhunter79deer
I didnt notice the Trykon XL did I miss it or is there not one there?
Appears as though the Trykon XL is gone. I am assuming it is replaced by the Vectrix XL, a bow I am seriously considering if some of the field reports coming inare truthful, noting how steady this bow holds.

Im not impressed buy the fact that their new bows are basically a trykon with a different name and cam and didnt gain any speed same specs as last years Trykon.
I understand your concerns about the similarities in theappearance between the Vectrix and the Trykon, but you noted one of the biggest changes Hoyt could have made to the Trykon to make it better. The draw cycle was harsh and if the Vector cam brings the overall feel of the Trykon with a smooth draw cycle, then what are you losing in the deal? The platform wasn't necessarilythe problem, the major concern was the Zephyr cam.

I also hear the center shot issues have been corrected and hopefully some of the cam lean issues have somewhat disappeared. Both of these issues really made tuning the Trykon's a pain.

If the draw cycle improves and the tuning issues are resolved, who cares about the speed? As long as theVectrix holds steady, gives up a little weight in comparison to the Trykon, and is easier to tune, what are we complaining about?

Do we really need 330 in a hunting bow? If so, check out the Vulcan. Looks like it might be a bear to shoot accurately though.

I agree, not much change in the appearance, but then again, if itshoots better, are you really worried they didn't change the appearance much?