HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shoulder Shots and When to Use Them
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 05:52 PM
spur0701

Default Shoulder Shots and When to Use Them

So my wife has this new friend that is letting me hunt her property, it's 25 acres with another house, some woods, and a couple of farms boardering it. So I was planning on hunting it during the upcoming early muzzle loader season and after some scouting this past weekend I found a funnel with a lot of tracks leading from a bedding area in thick woods on the property next door on the way to the farm fields. But this choke point is at the back of the property on a finger that's about an acre in size and is sandwiched between these other two pieces of property that areposted "no tresspassing/no hunting". I know if I make a double lung shot they're going to run right back down the hill back to this bedding area on the property next door, I have no idea who owes it nor does my property owner and it's agressively posted with signs every 20 yards along the property line. If I break a shoulder I know they'll go down right there but I hate being that messy....plus it possable they'll be visable from my property owners house, and I'm worried about the poetntial emotional trauma that might cause......any advice?