HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Compound Bow Do You Use & Why?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: What Compound Bow Do You Use & Why?

I shoot Browning Bows, I say bows because I have a few of them from an old (1980's) Trophy Magnum II (dual cam) that I started hunting with to a mid 90'sBoss Tracker (dual cam). I have retired those bows but thay can still be called into service at any time. I now hunt with a 2005 Rage One (single cam) that I found in the garbage,it onlycost me a few dollars to get shooting againand a 2005 Oasis (hybrid cam).

I shoot Browning because after I moved from long bows and recurves that I learned on (like you) It was the first compound bow I used for hunting. That Trophy Magnum served me so well that I bought another Browning years later (Boss Tracker) that also served me well with no problems.

The Rage One shoots like a dream as does the Oasis. While the Oasisismore expensive and is a "higher line bow"as opposed to the Rage, I hunt with the Rage because it is so bullet proof. It just keeps on performing in the cold, rain heat etc... Never changes it's point of impact and is as sturdy as a rock. I will probably try and hunt with the Oasis sometime this year, but it just goes to show you don't have to spend a ton of money to get a quality hunting bow. The Rage and Rage One are Browning's "entry Level" hunting bows.

I have a long draw as well and I have the Rage One set at 31in but it actually draws 31 3/4 in (as does the Oasis) at 70lbs the Rage shoots a 31 1/2in arrow (476gr) at 266fps while the Oasis is slightly faster with the same arrows at 275fps

Look into the Browning line of bows, they have some great new bows out (Illusion, Mirage, Myst and Vapor) The Vapor Draws to 32in for us long draw shooters while the others only draw to 30in. Of the four listed above all are single cam bows (with oversized idler wheels) except for the Myst that is a hybrid cam.

Good luck no matter what bow you choose.

Here is a link to the 2007 Brownings.

http://www.browning-archery.com/products/2007/vapor.htm