HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Compound Bow Do You Use & Why?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Monie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Compound Bow Do You Use & Why?

I shoot a Diamond Liberty, which is made by Bowtech. (See my avatar, the pic under my name)The Liberty used to be on the bowtech line. Bowtech switched the single cams to the Diamond line this year.

I shoot this bow because it feels "perfect" in my hand. It has wonderful balance.It has a HUGE idler wheel whichallows the bow to bedrawn smoothly. I can pull well over 60 pounds without it feeling like it, though I only shoot at 62 pounds. It has a positive draw stop. In other words, the bow cannot be pulled any farther, since the bottom cam has a post that stops your draw at the point you set. Bows that don't have this will have some "sponge". That is when you draw to your anchor point and can still draw a little further. This is bad news, especially if you shoot short arrows, as the arrows can come off the rest. This is not a "fast" bow by today's standrads, but that's ok. You must be accurate! Speed doesn't matter if you can't hit what you're aiming at. You just miss faster.

I would suggest that you go to a pro shop and pick up different bows to find out which feels the best to you. Have the bow tech help you choose and definitely DO NOT shoot what the other guy is shooting just because it's all the rage. Shoot what feels good to YOU!

Good luck!