HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread
Old 10-16-2006, 09:25 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

my worst fear...

i can take spider..i can take snakes..im not afraid of the dark...all common fears...my fear...loosing a deer..aint offical yet..read on..im not posting in the big forum..something like this is personal

got to my stand around 330ish. my buddy and his uncle(my farmer buddy i talk about) said they might push a little and see what they cant stir up. 605 a lone doe came busting through. couldnt even draw..circled me and never got a shot..moving heavy. 5 minutes later 2 more came from another direction. little one and a big doe. drew..settled the pin on the big doe..stopped her..didnt like the shot. few minutes later crunch crunch crunch..same trail. HOLY COW! he got antlers!! 1,2,3,4+points..drew..let him get in the opening 20-25yds away..settled the 15-20yd pin on him mid body behind the shoulder..let it fly. i seen him duck..but also seen my homeade lighted knock sink in about 1/4 way down and behind the shoulder. he was angled jussst slightly uphill. light went out..thought it passed through..awesome. never heard him run but i was about to fall from the stand. marked his path and climbed down..i couldnt stay in the stand but my tree makes no noise. got to the ground and waited 10 minutes and snuck to the shot. arrow laying there. WTF? ok half the arrow..just the fletching half. and about 4-5 inches of blood and hair on it. packed up and headed to the truck. called my buddys and told them get the coon hunting lights ready we gota beat the rain and it wasnt a gut or liver hit. get back atleast an hour after the hit. nothing atfirst..following kicked up leaves..hair..then some drops of blood started. ok on the trail. headed to the top of the ridge..then went right. bounded a couple down pine trees and he opened up..GOOD!! not buckets but a blind man could follow it...uhtoh..headed to a BIG nasttty over grown field..saplings, thorns, ragweed..nasty thick and chest high. lonnng process. 3 of us found drops here and there..lost it..found it..a bunch of times..made it 150yds through there..945 we lost it 30yds from a driveway he was heading towards. driveway is lined in nice cut grass and it was starting to sprinkle. figured we better get down there to see if we could find where he crossed..never did. to the left is a house and a decintly open grassy field..waist high. to the right-a small pond and thick stuff. across the driveway is a creek and more thick stuff. started pouring so about 10pm we had to call it a night..im sick...its pouring and its not gunna get too cold. im heading out at first light but wont have a search party till 11. my farmer friend says if its dead we will find it..he knows the area GOOD..but calling for over an inch of rain. were just gunna exhaust all the likely spots all day. hopefully we find him. he wasnt a MONSTER..but NICE..browtines plus 3 or 4 on top..not long tines but decint mass and width. mannnn why did he have to duck!??? i seen it on tv 100 times but never thought id have such luck....blood was red..not liver blood..no gut..but not frothy..but being its coming out of one hole kinda high it might not be frothy?? i cant see how i hit the far shoulder and not get lungs??? is it possible?? he was probably 5 foot lower then me because he was on the next hillside..arrow SHOULD been exiting a bit lower..but who knows with him ducking. but i figure the only thing stopping a 3blade muzzy is a shoulder..and it had to be the far one for my shaft to break about half way...i hope i find him........sorry for the long post...any ideas?? think its possible to just be muscle?? i just cant see it hitting the far shoulder and not taking atleast 1 lung with it..