HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how far do u go to stay scent free as possible
Old 10-15-2006, 01:56 PM
sta3333
Spike

Default RE: how far do u go to stay scent free as possible

I use scent soap on my clothes. I take a scent free showerbefore every hunt and I spray everything down that I am going to take out into the woods with me with a good scent spray even my bow. I use rubber boots if I am hunting in an area that I feel the need for them if not I wear my danners that are sprayed down( I have never had a deer stop and smell where I have walked). I keep all of my clothing in scent lok bags and put my scent lok bags into x-large zip loc bags. I do not dress until I getout of my truck to hunt, I again then spray down my boots and my bow. I also have ascent lok suit but it does notseem to have made that much of a difference.One of the biggest things to do is to slow down so that you do not sweat, I walk real slow and I wear as little as possible to my stand and then I put onthe rest of my clothing there. The biggest thing to rememberis to place your stand on the downwindside of the area you are going to hunt. No matter what you do you will never completely fool a deers nose, you may decrease the amount of scent that you put out but you will never completely fool mother nature. Good Luck!!!!!