HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shot my first Deer ever and did it with a bow.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:47 AM
longislandhunter
Fork Horn

Default Shot my first Deer ever and did it with a bow.

Well I had never shot a deer never the less even took a shot ata deer. That all changed Sat morning. I had been in mY spot on Columbus day and I put out a can of buck bomb, these 3 does, one really big came from behind me downwind and went straight to the can. They were so close that when I tried to move they spotted me and slowly walked away with caution. They never gave me a chance to draw or they would have bolted.

Well Saturday morning I decided to recreate the scene. Same spot, on the ground posted up against a tree. Used a can of buck bomb but this time I put it about 20 yards away. Sure enough about 45 mins later these same 3 deer made their way in and this time I was ready. As I stood up one of the younger deer caught a glimpse and alerted the others at this point the huge doe was already broadside, looking at me. They started to do the same thing as they slowly started to walk away. I knew it was now or never. I came to full draw with the big girl staring right at me, however I aimed and fired in all of about 2 seconds. I heard the arrow hit and she ran about 6o yards and crashed.

My first deer ever shot at, with a gun or bow. This was my first year Bowhunting and i double lunged her at about 20 yards. I coul dnoyt have done it without all of the help from you people. This was truly a dream come true. What a rush.

She dressed out at 100 pounds. I believe that is pretty big for here in Long Island, New York.

Thanks for everyones help and advice it really paid off. Well Iam off to get that big buck now.