HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread
Old 10-13-2006, 09:10 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

got that right rob. im bound and determined to get me ATLEAST a doe before season ends. i should never let that 10yd broadside HOG doe walk last friday. i really just wanna burry an arrow in the lungs of a deer to get the monkey off my back..

i hunted the orchard from 3pm-dark. chilly...windy..but the orchard is on a steep hillside and my stand is on the bottom edge so it wasnt TOOO bad. wasnt like this AM sitting on the highest ridge around! didnt see no deer though. i was kinda shocked. im gunna start hunting there more though. ALOT of the apples on the ground were half eaten by deer. tracks all over the place. theres a good number of deer in there...i think the wind hurt me tonight. im heading back there monday morning. tomarrow after work im going to hunt around work somewhere. i wish there was a better tree at the orchard![:@] the hillside the trees are on is pretttty steep. if they came out the trail they use and walk straight they will be eye level with me because the only tree i can climb has a BIG Y in it about 12-15 foot up. i got decint cover around..but i still gota stick out like a sore thumb. once the apple trees loose the leaves i wont beable to move. im going to work on that. i got 2 ladder stands and 2 cheap hang ons in the garage i can use and just leave there. but still dont think theres a suitable tree..i dont wanna trim the heck out of the non-fruit trees that grow on the edge of their orchard..they arent my trees. im sure theyd never notice..but i rather not. ill come up with something. i might build a groundblind closer to the corner they come out..it kinda flattens out at that end..still uphill but not as steep. i think i could pull off a groundblind shot there..

good luck this weekend guys!! ill be out tomarrow after work..better check the weather