HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pedersoli Co. drops support of Toby Bridges due to his extreme views on Muzzleloading
Old 10-12-2006, 11:09 PM
MLKeith
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pedersoli Co. drops support of Toby Bridges due to his extreme views on Muzzleloading

I agree with Cayugad and I hunt with both types of muzzleloaders as well as centerfire rifles. In Arizona we only specify muzzleloader and no nitrocellulous powder. Personally I don't believe my Omega is that superior in performance over my Thompson Center Hawken especially when many of the conicals and sabot/bullet combinations shoot just as well or very close. If someone (any state that decides to) specify that it must be a round ball and like in Pennsylvania even limit to flintlock; that is their choice. To make a general decision like the Pendersoli president is trying to do that inline muzzleloaders are close to centerfire rifles apparently has not shot a lot of centerfire rifles. My 7X57 Mauser (which by the way is very close historically to blackpowder when it was born) is vastly superior in performance to any of my muzzleloaders and not in the same class by any comparison. I think Mr Pedersoli should stick to making great guns and stay out of the states rule making.