HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Serious RobbinHood with my new Switchback XT
Old 10-12-2006, 03:17 PM
ahankster

Default Serious RobbinHood with my new Switchback XT

Hey guys,
Picked up my new Switchback XT on Monday. Long story short, I had started archery 3 years ago with a used Browning. Figured if I liked it, I would buy a nice new bow and if I didn't, wouldn't be out allot. My Browning was very nice, killed 4 deer with it and got to be a pretty good shot.
Then decided to step up.
Bought the new Switchback and started shooting it. I had run out of arrows and bought some new ones. The bow was shooting very quiet and a little better than the Browning, but I really didn't feel it was shooting as good as it could. My dealer wasn't very helpful, just said I would get used to it. That is a whole nother story. Put down that much cash for a bow and just get it handed to you, anyhow.
Went to another bow shop and started talking. We figured my arrows probably were too long and too soft. So, bought a dozen new, cut shorter arrows and man what a difference. At 20 yards the arrows are touching, at 30 yards within a 3 inch circle and at 40 yards within about a 5 inch circle, maybe a bit better.
On the second and third shots with the new arrows and on the 4th day with the bow, this is what happened. Made a neat noise.
Needless to say, I am very pleased with the combo.
Hank