HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's the best way to attract deer?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Jimmy S
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the best way to attract deer?

ORIGINAL: jmjuergensen

Heaven for bid a guy asks a simple questions without someone jumping down his throat.

When I said "I've seen tons of deer up there" I meant in the area. Obviously if I've seen tons of deer on our land, I wouldn't be asking this question.

As far as going out and scouting the area, there have been many weekends spent scouting the area and the adjecent national forrest. Maybe next time before immediately criticizing someone's post, you could ask a few questions.

Heaven for bid a guy throws out a conversation topic.
I prefaced my comments with "I may be out of line here"....if I was, I apologize.

I have never not tried to help anyone when it comes to deer hunting. Conversly, like you, I have also put questions to this board in the hopes of getting positive input. That's what this place is all about. The information from the folks here can be priceless.

That being said, let's examine why I asked the questions I did.

From you initial post:
....."The land is great...it has a little bit of everything. 2 big clearings, a slough (thanks to the beavers), and small stream running from a lake at the south end of the property to a lake just across the highway on the north end of the proprty, a large hill (I'd guess about 500 ft. higher elevation than the base)....basically its got a little bit of everything for Northern Minnesota. Anyways, we've seen tons of deer up there and I actually shot this buck last year, even though we purchased the land about a month before hunting season and had very little time to scout out the area.

Based on your comments, the area is great, has a little bit of everything, it has tons of deer and you even tagged a beautiful buck with little time to scout.
My thoughts: "If that's the case imagine how successful you and you buddies would do if you had lots of time to scout."

Why would I ask a few questions (as you say), I was simply reading your post. There never seemed any reason to ask further questions.

Then you ask about attracting deer with feeders....Why would you want to do that if: ....the area is great, has a little bit of everything, it has tons of deer and you even tagged a beautiful buck with little time to scout.

Another quote from you:
When I said "I've seen tons of deer up there" I meant in the area. Obviously if I've seen tons of deer on our land, I wouldn't be asking this question.

Based on you own words, how is anyone supposed to understand that you meant the area when all you did was talk about your little piece of woods that showed the pic of the buck you tagged from the land you purchased?

Botton line:
If I offended you, it was because I failed to understand the entire situation based on your own comments. That being said, again, I apologize and I wish all the best this hunting season........Jimmy