HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 20 feet closer to God
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Mykey
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 20 feet closer to God

ORIGINAL: NJ/PAbwhunter

Maybe it is the quiet of the woods or the sights and sounds of nature all around me. Maybe it is that when the time comes that I am able to hunt, I am just so grateful for that opportunity, I want to count all my blessings. Or maybe it is just that I am…
20 feet closer to God.

I cannot help but feel that I have to pray from my tree stand. Once I am up there, settled in and waiting, then all the thoughts come into mind. Thoughts of how lucky I am to be able to hunt today. Lucky that I am healthy and physically able to hunt. Lucky, that I have a job that affords me the time to go hunt. Lucky, that my wife is able to run the store and hold things down while I am up the tree. Lucky that I live in a country where I can hunt. I often find myself moved to prayer while I up that tree. I just need to say thank you Lord for all the blessings in my life.

So how many of you share in this feeling? Feeling 20 feet closer to God. I have spoken to other hunters in the past who have told me that they get that feeling too. I guess if you have not experienced it for yourself…. Well then I might just sound like some religious nut to you. But, in reality I believe that giving thanks is an important part of hunting. I feel there is a connection you have with nature as a hunter that is difficult to put into words… at least difficult for me. So I was just wondering what kind of response I would get from my hunting community regarding this subject. Any thoughts?
DW
I agree 100%! Absolutely awesome post, Thank You! I too am a born again Christian since March 29, 1988 and proud of it. God delivered me from a life of drugs and acohol andi have so much to be thankful for that if my life ended today i have no complaints.I have a wonderful wife of 18yrs, twogreat kids and so many blessings that i couldn't even begin to count them all.
Anytime is a good time to pray but sitting alone 20' up a tree surrounded by God's creation is just simply a very humbling time for me.The first thing i do when i get settledin my stand is go to God in prayer thanking him for allthings. As i sit there and take in everything that he's created all i can say is God you are truly awesome and amazing.I thank God for his Mercy, Grace, and hisunconditional Love and above all else for his son Jesus Christwho died for a sorry no good sinner like me.Thank you Jesus!
Am i a Jesus freak?........YES I AM!