HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about muzzy 100 grain
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 07:04 PM
ahankster

Default RE: Question about muzzy 100 grain

Some folks will think I am nuts and overdoing it, but I buy a new six pack every year. Never know when the buck of a lifetime is going to walk out on you.

What I do is pick six arrows that shoot as exactly the same as I can tell. Take three and mount three new heads on them and take three and put the other three heads on them. The first three, I practice with and the second three I hunt with. I also usually buy one pack of replacement blades. If I shoot a deer, that broadhead either becomes another practice tip, or I throw the blades away and replace them with new.

Once season starts, the only thing I shoot are either the three practice arrows, or one of the three hunting arrows during a hunt. If something happens and I loose or break a hunting arrow, I will replace it with one of the practice shafts and a broadhead from last year, but mark the arrow. It then becomes a finishing shot arrow or one for the wayard coyote or diller and I still have two primary hunting arrows. Then replace the practice shaft with a new one.

I know this sounds kinda complicated. But my goal is to practice with exactly the arrows I hunt with and always have the best and sharpest broadhead on it I possibly can.
Hank