HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - VA Bow Opener!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:36 PM
eng40sqd
Fork Horn

Default RE: VA Bow Opener!!!!

dave,

My cell was not off.. it was out of service... crappy ghettotel I mean nextel phone broke.. I am suppose to go pick up a new one this evening as a warranty replacement... they had to take apart my phone to tell me it broken and they would ship me a replacement.. I couldnt pick one from the dozen in stock it had to be shipped from nextel to the store..... I will call you this evening or tomorrow... we were running so late we didnt even stop at the club house in the am or the pm since it was so late getting back up the road... but we will be out there this saturday.. I found a spot for you.. actually I will let you hang in one of the spots I had picked for myself...I dont have your numbers written down anywhere but my sim card in my phone... I will write them down and keep them with me from now on...

I actually hunted yesterday since it was too wet to work... got there late again and I saw no deer in the morning, Donnie missed one he misjudged the yardage.. Somehow I managed to break the fiber optic in my pendulam sight on the way out of my morning stand to the truck.. Luckily I had my sight in my case that I shoot 3D with.. so a quick swap out.. and two dozen shots to tune it to broadheads and make sure it was consistant and I was ready for the evening hunt...

Hung in a new spot in the evening and saw a total of 8 deer... one cull buck which I hope to shoot.... I named him corky.. he is a spike with a set of 16" + spikes on his head the are all spiral and crooked shaped like a cork screw almost... another small non shooter buck and a nice shooter out of range and a hand full of does out of range... might try to slip off the job site early tomorrow and hit it again.. I am working about 25 minutes from the lease so its a quick ride and scurry up my climber and wait...