HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Done in Missouri!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 08:21 PM
GregH
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Done in Missouri!

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

GregH, you'd prefer "I shot a deer tonight"? I assure you, I'm not "trying out" for anything; I come by it honestly.

Perhaps you didn't read my bio when the Farbman puppets had me all riled up... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1655722&mpage=1&key=Farbman& #1655722

Mabye someone will enjoy some decent writing in here for free without having to go buy that issue of Deer & Deer Hunting...
No, I wouldn't prefer that extreme either, just something a little less dramatic than " the ghostly face and accompanying antlers" kind of writing.For me that's a little over the top. It is also the main reason I stopped subscribing to D&D Hunting. I'm the bottom line kind of guy and prefer short, detailed and to the point writing. Something I can learn from more than beautiful words strung together to be admired. That's why I switched to Whitetail Hunting Strategies and North American Whitetail.

No, I'm sorry I didn't read your Bio or anybody elses for that matter.

I'm sure people will enjoy enjoy your eloquent and beautiful writing style. After all, you come by it honestly and told us it was decent. I believe you. Best of all it is free.

From my point of view, I learned of an almost supernatural deer, its approach, the tense wait for the shot and then what kind of performance your broadhead gave you. That's great and it was a good story, but what, where, how and whywere you hunting There? Was it trails from feeding to bedding? Was it a funnel? I guess I'm looking for the strategy that allowed you to take that nice buck. You asked me what I'd prefer and this is what I prefer.

Nice deer and nice pictures... congrats