HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WHERE THE HE!! ARE ALL THE DEER?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:46 PM
deerslayer270
Fork Horn

Default WHERE THE HE!! ARE ALL THE DEER?!?!?!?!?!?!

as some of you know the archery season opener in PA was sept 30th....i spent the whole day, from sun up to sun down in my stand, through the cold wind and rain and didnt see 1 deer....ok, bad day...deer dont typically move in the rain.....last monday i snuck out for a few hours after school, it was a nice day....i spent about 2 hours before the skys open up and i get drenched.....ok, so it was another bad day...i didnt see not 1 deer....well....i had the feeling today was my day. i got in the woods and hour before sun up and stayed till about 5PM when i gave up and went back to my truck.....i sat in my stand untill about noon not seeing 1 deer..ok im thinkin...me and my grandfather are the only ones hunting this land maybe they just arent moving. so i start walking and posting up and walking some more and continue this for the next 5 hours....not seeing 1 deer....i have gone hunting 3 times this season and havent seen one deer in an area we have had tremendous success in past years....is it the location? is it me? has anyone els in SW PA have this kind of luck? please speak up...... BTW i forgot to mention this sint just me having this luck..this is all 6 of us in my hunting party.....