HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - got 82 pound doe, and attacked by an anti'
Old 10-09-2006, 11:13 AM
treestandstealth

Default got 82 pound doe, and attacked by an anti'

yesterday evening I got in at about five in the evening and deciding I would go sit in my. didn't worry about being scent free, so I didn't expect to shoot. longstory short I shot a 82 pound doe from ten yards, that was the fun part. however, when I when to check her in there was an older lady buying some milk, she looked at me and said "did that deer have a gun in it's hand" thinking she was just working on a joke I laughed and said no. then she said " did it have an arrow in it's hand" at this point I saw where this was going and I said " no but I did" she continued to tell me how wrong she thought it was to shoot those innocent animals. I held my toungue, but wanted to say " did that cow that gave up his life for your leather shoes have a gun it his hand but I refrained. this was all so unexpected, because I live in southeastern oklahoma and 90 percent of the people hunt, so it was mainily shock. has anyone else experienced a similar situation? by that way both of my antlerless tags are filled for archery and season is only a week old here.