HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Control and Concealment.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Proff
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scent Control and Concealment.

Great post Rob. I also follow the hardcore scent control routine that you do. I have also had many experiences in my many, many years of bowhunting very similar to the one that you shared, and because of that, I am a die hard Predator camo hunter. I have used it for years, and so has my hunting buddy. Even after all these years, it still never ceases to amaze me they way it just blends into any terrain. I think that the best example was years ago when the viewfinders on video cameras were still black and white, we were in a tree with double stands filming our hunt. He was literally about 7 feet below me. When I was filming him ( as I said, he was in Predator, either Fall Brown or Fall Gray), I honestly could not see him in the view finder. The only way I could see him was when he would move. We have also watched the footage of us in hunting on a black and white TV, and again it was amazing how the Predator just disappears. Have someone wear Fall Brown and stand in a brown corn feild and see how hard it is to find them. I agree with you 100%, the open patterns such as Predator, ASAT, what I have seen of Enigma, etc are truly amazing. They definitely never blob up the way that the other brands do.
I will stick with my Predator, it has never failed me yet. I better, since I have enough stuff to open a Predator store!