HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ban compounds from archery season - thoughts ??
Old 11-25-2002, 12:39 PM
stealthycat
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ban compounds from archery season - thoughts ??

6ptsika - I asked a question for clarification, as you did. you asked

" Do you agree trad bows are easier to kill game with because they allow quicker shots and longer hunting days due to being able to shoot in low light conditions?
Just wanted clariffication."

Quicker shots - I don't think thats a significant plus. As I look back on all the game I have killed drawing and holding has been a huge help where quick shooting a longbow/recurve would not have been. The low light condition shooting is a plus, however when it gets too dark to pick a spot its too dark, and I would say only a few minutes seperate that light from compounds being unable to see through their peeps. But that is a plus IMO.

Charlie P / 6ptsika - Would you also say that if I cannot shoot better than 0 for 2 I should quit and try something else ? How many misses before you think a change in equipment is neccessary ? IF you, by my hit/miss/kill stats think I should change equipment and convince me to do so, should I then try a compound or maybe a crossbow, or quit archery season altogether and stick with a rifle ?

"Trad basher ? Explain that one or edit it please, as it again follows what you consider to be the defintion of a LIE."

"Charlie P - So are you agreeing that Trad shooters miss more/wound more ? Just wanting clarification."

JRW

Did you read what I posted ? Reread it. I didn't bach trad archers, I was asking and exploring rationale and questioning. Oh, and I noticed that you yet again replied to none of the questions I posted. If you finding one misquote or pointing out that I am 5 years +/- on my crossbow legality dates are the only things about my arguments to point out, I guess that says volumes, doesn't it ?

Stealthycat's Photo's