HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CROSSBOW EXPERIENCES
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 11:46 AM
awshucks
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CROSSBOW EXPERIENCES

Sproulman: Wow! i gotta tell ya, other than the deal w/ the sun in your eyes/scope, I don't have any of those problems/conditions. There are a few explanations why on part of it, my equipment is different than yours. first off, my recurve xbows are lighter in the front than your compound. I can and do shoot both my recurves much better off-hand than I can my wheel bow. Secondly, my scopes aim points at various yardages are right on the money. Makes getting the arrow where I want it relatively easy, if I do my part. As to my part, I was shooting 40-50 shots a day off-hand. I kinda had to slack off of that due to a brief hospitol stay and the heat here. However, when I was hard at it every day, I was tearing up 2 1/2" snuff can lids at 30 yds. I actually hit a 35 mm film can lid 3 in a row one day!! Not every shot was a hit, but all were close enough for hunting deer. No dial a range to move on my bows, and my arrow retainers work like champs or I tune them to do so. I have some bucks invested in my equipment, but familiarity and practise go along way. I'm really sorry you are having these problems. There are some simple solutions to nearly all of them, lol. Good luck to Ya!!