HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can you Tape Mechanical to make practice tips?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Can you Tape Mechanical to make practice tips?

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I am a big fan of mechanicals. I hope I dont regret saying that on this forum. I have found that as long as you make sureyou areusing a matching grain fieldpoint that there is really no need to sacrifice your Mechanical Broadheads for practice.
Truthfully, I've found the same thing. Of course, tying them up with dental floss should keep you from ruining it... though I agree; it's pretty much a waste of time and energy.
I have to totally disagree with that guys. Sorry I found something just the contrary and unless everyone, everyone takes at least one shot with a mechanical compared to their field points it could be a huge mistake, perhaps and never a waste of time at least for easing the mind and knowing.

A friend of mine, perfectly tuned Darton Maverick, was shooting field points and Muzzy's together, shot one of my RM Snypers and the Snyper was flying high right, correctly he stuck with the Muzzys but what if we assumed?

This year I have Muzzys and Snypers and field points together. You both are correct, if the bow is tuned all mechanicals should fly with field points but I would never assume that. One shot isn't a waste of time.