HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer keep smelling me and leaving
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 10:54 AM
NavyRedneck

Default Deer keep smelling me and leaving

I've been busted the last 3 times I've been in my treestand. It's good that I'm actually having deer come close but I still haven't actually seen them.

I wash my clothes in sports wash with baking soda. I dry them by themselves and then I put them in a plastic bag. I keep my boots seperate and only wear them hunting. I spray down with earth cover scent and I shower right before with triclosan.

I'm in a tree stand about 25 feet off the ground and I don't smoke or chew or eat anything. I don't move too much and I periodically use cover scent on my clothes.

I keep hearing the snorting noise. Last night was 4 snorts and then movement. This morning was 10 or 12 snorts and then nothing for about 45 minutes when I heard more snorts and then nothing. I did hear a few grunts in between the snorts but they were further off in the distance.

Any suggestions? My stand is on the best tree in the area so it's pretty difficult to hunt the wind. Plus, it always seems that this buck is able to then circle around me and pick me up.