HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Traditions Pursuit LT: first impression
Old 09-22-2006, 11:40 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Traditions Pursuit LT: first impression

This is strange, I was sure I had replied to your post. Lately the site has been going off on some strange tangent and loosing things for me.

Good luck with your rifle. I am sure the Tradition's rifle will serve you well. I own three or four of them myself and they are all good shooters. I do admit I bought a Tradition's E-bolt many years ago, and sent it back for a refund. There was something wrong with the safety and the cocking mechanism. It has a habit of just going off for no reason.

The loads your shooting sound very interesting. My CVA Staghorn Magnum shoots the 245 grain Powerbelts with 90 - 100 grains of powder with amazing accuracy. It has a red dot on it, and out to 100 yards anything in front of that is in a world of hurt. Actually try some simple T/C Cheap Shots with 80 grains of powder. They are really accurate and would take a deer out no problem IMO.

While frontier gander seems upset that some posters like the Omega over other brands, I am sure they have their reasons for their selection just as he does for his. I will say I once fell with my T/C Renegade and broke the stock. It was my fault of course. Instead of junking the rifle, Thompson Center replaced the stock free of charge and with out question. When the stock broke on my Tradition's Pioneer, they told me to glue it... There are reasons people invest in more expensive rifles. Just as there are reasons I own CVA's and other Spanish and Italian brands.

But I am getting off topic. Good luck with your new rifle and keep us posted on the loads it shoots. Good luck hunting with it and on the target range.