HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Average cost of lease?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 10:29 PM
crutch
Typical Buck

Default Average cost of lease?

Hello All,
I was thinking a while back there might of been a post on what people pay to lease land to hunt. I was wanting to know what it roughly comes out per acre. I suppose it depends on location, but was just trying to find an average. Any Illinois BowHunters with small (10-20 acre)timber leases?

May need to look for different Timber. I hunt close to town on 8-10 acres that has been land locked for 30 yrs or so. I have permission from one party to hunt it and permission from another party to get to it. But being locked for so long that people have just figured out how to get to it. you never know what will come through when hunting, people ridinghorse's, people just out walking, people on otherside of creek come out and practice shoot, four wheelers ect. I even had the great opportunity to watch a father and son across the creek come down 1/4 mile and start a paint ball fight..[:@]

Even though I have manage to take a deer each year, I have to put in a ton of hours just in hopes that a deer will pass through when no one else does! This is my 6th year at this spot, only place I ever hunted. Been only hunting for about this long!

So may be looking for land to hunt or lease. Just an average per acre.

Thanks!
crutch